Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend of Binding

I hand bound two quilts this weekend to a Grey's Anatomy marathon on Netflix.  I've been itching to get my Scrappy Trip Along quilt done and it finally is!  I was so happy that I dragged it around with me all day today.  I love finishes!


I'm in love with the back of my Scrappy Trip Along quilt.  It's Nordic Diamond in Purple from the Heaven & Helsinki collection by Patty Young.   I have learned since I started quilting to never skimp on the back.  If you find a print/idea/layout you love... just go for it.  You will be seeing it 50% of the time when you're using the quilt.  I made the mistake once on a quilt... and while I still love the front of it, I'm angry at the back every time I look at it.  For the amount of time I put into these, I never want to be angry at the back!

In other news, my Madrona Road Challenge quilt has been completed for a while now and I have yet to post about it. Below is in progress shot that I forgot to share from early February.


I'll share the photos soon.  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great backing! I spent today mega-peicing a backing for a quilt I am making for my niece. The fabrics (batik) are lovely, but not what I would buy for myself so I wanted to use up all that I could. I ended up using 10 7" squares and about 11 strips WOF between 3" and 11" wide. I think it looks great though, so I guess it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...