Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Second Sewing Attempt

Little Boxy Pouch!  My new sewing machine gives you this little bag to shove everything that comes with it into.  Obviously it doesn't fit, so I made the Little Boxy Pouch by three bears.  I love it!

The changes I made were: added liner, increased the size by a couple inches.

Om nom nom

My First Sewing Attempt

I decided making a cover for my Nintendo DS would be easy. The instructor I had at my basic sewing class warned us new people to never attempt sewing without a pattern... but it came out ok!

My first attempt I used crappy cotton cloth, added some light interfacing, and used fleece inside. I estimated the sizes, cut the fabric, and sewed it all together. It looks like this:

The seams don't match up, but I could live with that flaw -- what I couldn't stand was how awful the fabric quality was. It was a fat quarter from JoAnns, and I'm never buying them again.

My second try, ended up like this:

This time I used home dec fabric with fleece as liner. It's much much better and fits my DS perfectly. (It does fit entirely inside the sleeve)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...