A little while ago I finally got around to making a new cover for this:
I just use a mini-size ironing board so it doesn't require a lot of fabric to recover. The old one was getting pretty disgusting:
All I did was remove the old cover and use it as a guide to cut the new shape. I cut about 2" larger around the old one. I doubled folded the edges and sewed around to make a pocket edge. Then I used the string from the old one and fed it through the new one. I added a couple layers of warm and natural on top of the old batting - which was still in good shape - to stop it from making squares all over my fabric when I ironed. :) I yanked the strings tight back over the frame and I was done!
I have all my fabric chopped up for my Love quilt...
...and I've been piecing it all day! I'm hoping to have it for our Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Thursday, but since it's a queen sized I might not have all of it done in time. (but I will try!)