Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July and more...

This was how I was supposed to spend the fourth of July:

Coleman Vacationer 2-Room 10-Person 15' x 10' Cabin Tent

My tent stake bag that I mentioned in my previous post was to protect our new tent from the stakes and it got put to use! And I LOVE our new tent. I'm totally in love with it. I was so excited that I even made a new pillowcase to take with me camping:

Erin McMorris Wildwood Checked Floral in Green

We did end up here:


Unfortunately, the day we got there fire restrictions went into effect... so there was no campfire.  I brought huge Giant Roaster Marshmallows for my S'mores so I was incredibly disappointed.  I had no S'mores.  This depressed me.  Then I got sunburn on the first day (accidentally), then I managed to jam a super long splinter from the picnic table into my pinky finger (my husband: "It was stuck completely in her finger and when I pulled it out it was at least a 1/2" LONG!"), then ravens that ravaged our collapsible water jug, then an incident with some sickness that caused me not to be able to use my precious pillowcase on the first night, and a morning of using the laundry facilities (I just happened to be at the only campground I know that has laundry facilities?!).  So we left a bit early, but we swore to return to make up for this trip. :)

In the spirit of the fourth of July... here is our "Freedom Cupcakes" that I made a well over month earlier:


My friend is having a baby... so I'm squeezing that into my long list of to-do quilts before the end of the year.  This is the new super cute Alphabet Soup line by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake:


I'm still working on my Kona Challenge Quilt!  I've had the top pieced for like a month now.. I just need to sandwich, quilt, and bind it.  I plan on finding some time in the next week!  So exciting to almost be done with another!

1 comment:

  1. I saw those giant marshmallows when we were on vacation last month! Genius! Sorry your vacay did not go exactly as planned - the pillowcase is lovely, though! We missed you at guild!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...