Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've always wanted to use that title.  It makes me sound all productive.  Sadly, for the past few days I haven't even worked on any of my projects.  So instead I'll just take pictures of all of them and remind myself I have too much I want to do.  At the last guild meeting I mentioned that I don't keep a lot of unfinished projects... lies!  Somehow I started way more things than I intended and now I'm just looking to get something... anything... done.

Having too much unfinished just causes me to want to start NEW stuff instead of worrying about doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  This is also the reason I just sew for fun whenever I feel the urge... I cannot handle pressure and time limits on my hobby!  (A sorry goes out to Tracie's baby who is now almost 4 months old and still quiltless!  ACK!)

This is my husbands rag quilt that he tells me he's been asking for years (or so he says?!).  I bought the fabric only a few months ago so I don't know where the 'years' came from.  And was it ever hard to pick out the fabric.  He wanted Red, Gray, Black and that's it.  I gave him lots of options and he veto'd every single red flannel print fabric that I found. So the only red was solid until I found that one lone dark red print in there.  I think it is some form of houndstooth.  I about had a fit when I chopped up the 1 yard  I bought (that I needed every last bit of) and cut one strip to 7" wide for my 8" squares.  I pieced it back together and called it a day.


Anywho, this is how it sat on my sewing room for the past week.  I don't know what's stopping me.  Maybe the thought of all of that cutting I have to do when I finish it.  FYI I did not add batting its just two pieces of flannel... we didnt' want it too warm and heavy since we like using it year round.

Here's my Product Inspiration Piece project for the Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild.   Since I cannot show it to you, here is the back instead:

Oh the suspense!

And as I mentioned in my previous post, Sharon handed out mini 2.5" squares are our Guild Retreat for us to turn into a project.  So the update is I actually started something!  Now the question is what in the world do I turn it in to!??  Suggestions?

UFO block

And lastly, I started cutting up scraps when I didn't feel like working on any of the above for my future Sparkle Punch/Interlocking Stars Quilt.

It's currently a sad stack:


and it's not even 2" tall yet.  I probably need like a thousand more of them.


I started a Swoon too but that's on hold until my husband gets his rag quilt!

3 comments:

  1. I love the black and grey in the star! I still haven't started my product challenge, but I have been mulling some ideas. I guess that is the first step...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you have a few UFOs as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the retreat challenge. What it will turn into will come to you when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...