Sunday, April 15, 2012

Embroidery Weekend

I've been playing around with my embroidery machine all weekend.  I purchased a few patterns on sale and couldn't wait to make them. Here's what I have to show for it:

Crafty Clothesline

First up is "Crafty Clothesline".  The 'g' is actually a berry purple color but I couldn't get the color to show correctly.  I have a very limited number of thread colors on hand so I was surprised I had enough variety to pull this off!


I thought this yarn heart was super cute so I made it for my friend that likes knitting and hates embroidered stuff.  (*Ahem* - use some of your Echino hoard and make something with this!)


I heart Quilting.  I have no idea where this is going to end up either... I just felt like stitching it too.

So Much Fabric

This was a cute little applique that I also had to have. Once again the purple is showing up black so you're just going to have to imagine the petal and text to be purple.  That little flower took forever with all of the thread changes and tack downs for the applique.  I'm not sure if I like how symmetrical the FMF seedlings are showing up, but after aligning the first one, I was cutting out the second leaf and I though it'd look weird if only part of a seedling was showing.

This little project made me realize how few light blue, royal blue, purples and reds I have in my stash.  I had to resort to a solid kona blue and the purple/black was a solid clipping out of a large scale print fabric!

On a side note, I got so excited stitching these out that I bought a crapload of embroidery thread on ebay this morning.

6 comments:

  1. I love them too and it makes me want an embroidery machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome! Embroidery is cool.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha! I finally read this post! That is totally not going with my Echino stash. I can't cut out the heart b/c there's just not enough space to do a reverse applique I would be happy with. THIS DOES NOT mean you should make me another one. THIS MEANS this is not going with my Echino stash! Read: this is not going with my Echino stash! Stop trying to make me cut into my Echino! I'm hoarding it! No touching! (Yes, that is an intentional reference.) Read again: I will repeat this to you at work 50 times so you remember :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...