Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Elephant Quilt


The elephant quilt has been completed!  The recipient has received it so I can finally share it.  The fabric is Alphabet Soup by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake and I used the pattern Sparkling Gemstones from the book Jelly Roll Quilts.  The sashing is Kona Sky.


This was such a fun pattern to piece and went together fairly quickly.  The baby that I intended to have this ready for before he was born is now 6 months old.  I started piecing it back in October but I didn't finish it until March because it took me a while to realize it needed an elephant!  (I hope he forgives me)  :) 


I took the design from one of the elephants in the fabric pattern, enlarged it, traced it, attached it to the quilt with Steam-A-Seam 2, and zig zagged the edges around it.


Here's a closer shot of the quilting and my embroidered logo.  I free-motioned a boxy meandering stitch. (inspiration from Oh, Fransson!)


The back is a big piece of  Blue Alphabet Boy Main with a strip of Kona Sky.  The binding is Kona Everglade.





Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool quilt. Love the elephant. I'm sure he didn't mind waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...